Thursday, December 29, 2011

Getting Dirty

A couple of weeks before we got out of school for Christmas, I was blessed by being able to have a short, yet touching conversation with a friend after prayer in our elective class.
One thing led to another and she mentioned something that only until now I've been able to process.


God was completely and absolutely willing to get His hands dirty with you. 

At the time, I wasn't sure if I should've taken it as an insult or if it was, in its own unique way, a compliment.
I sorta pushed it aside for a while, but no matter how hard I pushed, the statement seemed to push a little harder every time.
After a while, it was the only thing I would find myself thinking about.
God, the perfect One, getting His hands dirty with me...WILLINGLY.


It boggled my mind then and it still does.

You see, God gets His hands dirty with us because He loves us.
I remember thinking very strongly back in 9th grade that I had to clean myself up in order to be able to stand at the foot of the cross. As time went by, I began to see why the cross was there in the first place. I wasn't supposed to clean myself up before I went to the cross...its the cross itself where I find the One that provided that which I was to be cleansed by: the blood of God's one and only Son.
And it is this that overwhelms my heart, in every good sense of the word.
The cross; the love and freedom that it provides.
A love that brings us to our knees and a freedom to live a life worth of the calling that we've received.

And here we are, Christmas has gone by and our Savior was born.
A Savior that would get His hands dirty because of the love that He holds for us.
May we never let Him go.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Dianis. Seems that we've been learning similar lessons this break. My most recent blog post is about this and same with my most recent confession.

    Praise the one who got his hands dirty for us.

    ReplyDelete